Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Lot of Lasts

About 17 years ago, I remember being excited by all of the "firsts" we were encountering as a family.
First day of school.  First bus ride.  First school lunches.  Scout meetings, end of year picnics, I have thoroughly enjoyed my kids' ventures through their childhood.

We've been hitting up a lot of lasts lately.

Last art show.

Last time to move the oldest child out of his dorm room.  (tomorrow afternoon)

Last notes to the school.

Last midterm.

Last concerts.

Last ever end of year picnic.

I am enjoying the end of things, too.  It's been a long journey - a very long journey - to raise 3 successful children.  I feel like I deserve some accolades for getting them to this point, too.

In the next 3 weeks, I have awards ceremonies, graduations, and celebrations to attend.

I plan to enjoy each and every moment to it's grand and glorious fullness.

As a result, I might not be blogging as much over the next 3 weeks.

I'll keep my book tally going on my 2015 pages column.  If I write any reviews, it will be for YA literature, and will go into my YA Blog: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/.

I might wax nostalgic here and there. 

I will probably post a few pictures, too.

But nothing is going to be done on a regular basis for the next few weeks.

Pop by from time to time, and check in to see how we're coming along, and I'll be back on a mostly regular basis no later than June 7.

So, if you've got young children at home, grab some bubbles, go outside, and make some memories with them!  I'm going to be making lots of memories over the next few weeks with my wonderful young adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment