Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Book Review: Star Trek Crafts

image: amazon.com
Pederson, Angie.  The Star Trek Craft Book.  2013. Gallery Books, a Division of Simon and Schuster, New York, NY.

Book Review:
This amazing little book features Star Trek themed crafts for the very crafty trekkies.  There are enough crafts in her to warm your heart, whether you are a fan of TOS or one of the later shows.

The crafts range from very easy to challenging, and include such fun as crocheting amigarumi characters, to making dog sweaters in command colors from fleece.

Since I had Mod Podge left after we made our glitter mugs, daughter and I made custom sneakers - covered in the characters cut from a comic book.  (But we didn't use Star Trek comic books, we chose the Flash.  Oh, the irony of it all!  I hate running, and so does my daughter, so let's make shoes loaded down with the Flash!  Maybe I'll like running even more?

The directions for all of the crafts are very well written, and easy to follow.  The materials required for the crafts are inexpensive and easy to find.

Do you see that tri-coder the sock monkey is carrying on the cover?  That's my next project.  I see my Halloween costume beginning to take shape!


Author's Web Site: http://angiepedersen.typepad.com/

I read her blog, and I am in total awe of the author!  She is a pretty amazing person!  Her blog is a lot of fun to read through!


Update:
I was just writing up the review of this book for my YA blog when it hit me- that monkey on the cover, made out of a sock?  IT'S A SPOCK MONKEY!!!

Sometimes, I crack myself up!  (My kids are rolling their eyes right now.)



Disclaimer: This post contains links to my Amazon Affiliates Account.  Your purchase through this link helps to support this blog.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Spock Monkey! Hahaha I'm laughing (not loudly. C is trying to sleep. lol)

    ReplyDelete