Saturday, May 30, 2015

Walk 1,000 Miles in 2015

So, I found this really, really cool challenge on Facebook.A gentleman in Great Britain is challenging himself to walk 1,000 miles in 2015.


 http://www.walk1000miles.co.uk/


The gentleman who is walking 1000 miles this year is raising money for Parkinson's research.

Hmmm... I thought to myself... I need to walk, too.  I can stand to walk more.  After all, one of my resolutions for the year was to exercise more.  Unfortunately, I found this challenge in late March.  Just before I fell and hurt my knee so badly that I've been incapacitated for almost 2 solid months.

I did manage to log some miles before I hurt myself.  I had 19.23 miles in on April 10.
Since I am now back up and moving, I'm going to issue myself this challenge.  To walk.  Between now and Dec. 31, 2015, I am going to walk 500 miles.  There are literally hundreds of miles of trails, parks, and beautiful walks within an easy distance of my house.  I intend to take advantage of all of them.  (Or at least as many of them as I can get to between now and the end of the year.


I'm challenging you to join me in this quest.  Will you make the commitment to get out and move for the rest of this year?  If not for 500 miles, maybe for 250 miles?  I am very curious to see how many miles we can all log between now and the end of the year!


Who's up and out to move and walk more for the rest of this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment