Friday, May 1, 2015

2015 Resolutions

Wow, April has literally flown by.  I injured my knee when I fell earlier this month, and I tore a couple of ligaments.  The recovery has slowed me down - a lot.  There's been no walking, unless if it's with crutches, so yeah, no power walks during this beautiful weather.  :(  Graduations are fast approaching, too.  One on the 21st, and one on June 4.  I've scheduled a Graduation Festivus over Memorial Day Weekend, that should be something.  Me with a bad knee, and a party full of kids.  I know the kids don't tend to be picky, they just like to have a place to hang out.  But I want everything to be fantastic!

Progress on my 2015 resolutions:

1) Exercise More.  FAIL.

2) Lose 10 pounds.
I have not stepped on the scale this month.  With my mobility limited, I'm afraid to see what my weight looks like.  I  have been watching what I eat like a hawk, though.  Nothing that isn't green and healthy.  *blech* 

3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom
You know, every time I get to the point where we've got a decent amount of money saved, something breaks and needs to be repaired.  We're able to pay cash for it, but this leaves the bathroom fund decimated.  With this in mind, I set up a completely separate account, from our main checking and savings accounts.  We have accounts at two banks, so I set this account up at the local bank where we keep our spending money, and the kids have their accounts.  There's not a lot in there, but I'm hoping that we won't have to tap this one for emergencies.  Maybe, just maybe I'll get this done by Christmas!

4) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt
I'm taking a break on this until after graduation.  Out of 30 squares, 18 are quilted.  I am confident I will have this finished before he goes to graduate school this fall.  (The real reason I've taken a break?  I'm out of thread and don't want to walk all the way into the fabric store to pick up more thread, and my husband refuses to do it for me.  *sigh*)

5) Clean and Organize the Family Room in the Basement
Finally, something crossed off my list!

6) Cut back on the time I spend on Social Media.
I've fallen down on this over the last month, especially since the events of last weekend in Baltimore.  I was following social media pretty closely.

7) Read 75 books this year.
Progress?  I've read and reviewed 19 books.  You can see the links to all of the reviews here: http://mini-van-mom.blogspot.com/p/2015-book-challenge.html.  Unfortunately, I had estimated that I needed to have read 25 books by the end of April in order to be on track for 75 by the end of the year.  I'm 6 books short of that goal.

8) Get out of debt.
We're within a couple of months of retiring another credit card - balance paid completely off.  I currently have 4 cards.  1 is paid completely off, and 1 that we should have paid off before the end of the year.  Both of those cards are currently frozen inside of a plastic baggie in a large block of ice in the deep freeze.  Available if we need them, but not easily accessible.

9) Spend More Time With My Family
I've taken what I've been able to get over the past month.  Middle child was home for the weekend last week.  We're taking oldest child up to look for an apartment near the school he'll be attending in the fall this weekend.

10) 365 Grateful
Sadly, I've fallen down on posting pictures to Flickr this month.  I need to get on that!
You can find me on Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/librarynut/

11) Replace the Car that was Totaled.
This ties in with #3, above.  The separate account, at the bank that we don't do most of our banking through.

12) I will maintain my friendships.
Does running into an old friend in the ER count?  I was there for my knee, she was there with her husband, who was having symptoms of a heart attack.  I sat and talked with her when she was chased out of the room by the doctor.  (He's fine!)

Seriously, I've been working hard at getting together with friends old and new.  I've enjoyed catching up with everyone!  (6 hour lunch yesterday....)

13) I will have more adventures.
I'm going to milk this knee injury for all it's worth!  This has been an adventure!!

14) Craft More
I have almost finished daughter's graduation scrapbook.  It's adorable, if I do say so myself.  I've got about 20 more pictures I need to chase down, as well as a graduation announcement.  Once I get this all pulled together, I'll write a post about it.  I've had tons of fun working on this project, and found gems to add to another collage frame in my hallway!

So, have you made any progress on your resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment