Thursday, May 28, 2015

Life in Amy's World

What do you call someone you've known your entire life?  Someone who is more than just a friend, but isn't your sister?  Closer than a cousin, and feels like family, even though she's not?  English really needs one of those words.  I'm pretty sure there's one in Spanish, I just don't know what it is.

This amazing family friend is named Amy.  Her family has been friends with my family since 1972.  Yep, before she was born.  I love her parents no end.  Such amazing, loving, giving people.  The stories I have about them could easily keep me blogging for a week or more.  (And keep you in stitches, as well.  Hmm... I think I see some posts in my future!)

Amy is on the other end of the parenthood journey than I.

Where I am clearing out my nest and trying to figure out what comes next, her little flock is just beginning to grow.  She has two little children, T. and C.  (Short for Truck and Coquito)  Her little guys are 1 and 3, lovely wonderful, beautiful children who are full of love and life.  The youngest of Amy's children (Coquito) has Down's Syndrome, also known as Trisomy 21.

Amy has re-launched her blog recently.  She is sharing the stories of the children, as well as some product reviews. 

If you get a chance, please stop by and visit her blog.  Since she is a mother of very young children, she doesn't post every day, but she does post frequently.

You can find her here: http://lifeinamysworld.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment