Friday, July 20, 2012

From the Cats

Happy day, it's Friday.  This is Tiger and Luna, and we've taken over the keyboard this morning in order to bring you the feline view of the week.

Tiger here- The boys have been working up at the camp.  They were home for the day earlier this week to do laundry, swing strings, feed us catnip, and dangle the magic shiny feather thing around for us to chase.  Luna got her ears cleaned out! (not funny, tiger)  And we both crawled up on the boys and took turns sleeping on top of them when we got the chance.

The girl has been fun to chase around this summer.  Luna does a very good job at waking her up each morning.  (thank you for noticing my hard work)  She likes to sit on the pillow and lick the girls' nose until she wakes up.  It's funny to watch her try and flick Luna away and put stuffed animals over her head.  Luna will bat the animal away and go back to work on her nose.

Luna here- in my defense, if she'd get up before 10, I wouldn't have to lick her nose.  Mom has already called her a couple of times before I go in and finish the job!

It's rained a lot here the last couple of days.  Thunderstorms mostly, but we'll take any kind of water we can get.  We're a couple of inches short for the month and the flowers are very dry.  I like butterfly watching in the garden... we've got to keep those flowers happy!

Tiger here- I caught a mouse this week.  I was so proud of myself, I brought it inside for Mom.  It was still mostly alive. She needs to learn how to mouse.  She's spend less time at the grocery store if she could just catch a few mice in the back yard and fry them up for dinner. 

She wasn't happy with the mouse.  I dropped it at her feet, and it ran for a paper bag.  Mom screamed, and I kept trapping the mouse and dropping it back at her feet again.  I wish I could have told her that if she'd stopped screaming long enough, she'd actually be able to catch the mouse and kill it herself.

Don't you hate when you have to finish a job for somebody?

(Luna's note- it was really, really funny the third time Tiger brought the mouse back to Mom's feet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment