Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Accomplishments

It seems as if most of what I've done over the past couple of weeks has been to drive my daughter back and forth to camp.  Wait.. she's been driving, and I've been white knuckling the ride over and back again.  She really wants to have her license by the end of summer.  I'm trying to be a supportive mother, and she really is a good driver, but.... wait, if you've taught teenagers of your own how to drive, you understand what I'm talking about!

My Book Blog:
I managed to make two new entries on my YA book blog.  If you're interested in such a thing, you can check it out here: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/.

Considering that I'm now reading more adult fiction, and some fairly interesting titles at work, I'm beginning to think I might start an adult book blog, also.  I'll might just add a book page onto this blog.  I'll have to think about it some more.

Blueberries!  The blueberries are in! We went out this afternoon and picked our own blueberries from our local pick your own place.  They are currently in the fridge.  I really want to make triple berry jam this week, I'm just waiting for the black raspberries in the back yard to come in.  They're still red, so I've got a few more days to go before they're ready!

Library;
I checked out a pile of 20 books from the library.  When the due date was coming up and I knew I wouldn't be able to return them in time, I renewed them online.  I have also put several movies on hold that I want to see.  I currently have 10 movies that I have requested, and I am anywhere from number 50-175, depending upon the movie.

I had lunch with a group of friends.  I was able to use a gift card my mother had given me to pay for my own lunch, so the price was basically free.

The weather has been nice enough this past week to keep the a/c turned off completely.  What an awesome, easy way to save some extra cash!

I've spent more time cleaning out under the stairs this week.  I threw away 10 tubes of caulk that had hardened and would never produce a bead of caulk ever again.  I also found a box of picnic supplies my mother in law left here when we bought the house from her.  I'm not sure how old things were, but I did note that the very yellowed and disgusting plastic forks (100 of them) had a price tag of 10 cents.

I've scheduled appointments with the vet for both cats next month.  They'll get a general health check, and their annual shots at that time.

We've been line drying all of our clothes outside this summer.  Most mornings, I've been managing to get everything out on the line before I leave for work.  They're nice and dry by the time I get home.  (But, if it rains, they have to stay out a little while longer!)  Oh, someone did ask me how I manage this, since I walk out the door at 7 am.  I put the clothes in the washer late at night - before I go to bed, when the energy rates are cheaper.  I get up at 5:30, shower and get dressed for work.  After I eat breakfast, I run down and grab the clothes and then hang them on the line outside before I brush my teeth, fix my hair, and head out on my way.

What have you accomplished this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment