Monday, November 27, 2017

3 Months Later

How do I keep getting more books to read?
3 months ago, I accepted a full time job.  After 25 years of working part time, I decided to pursue full time work. 

It's been an adjustment, to say the least.


I've been struggling to get laundry done.  To get the house clean.  To get dinner on the table.  To get gas in the car (before I'm headed to work and the tank is almost empty), and to go grocery shopping.  How do women who work full time with little kids do this?  I have always been impressed by them and their superhuman ability to do it all.  I can now say that I am completely in awe of anyone who can work full time while raising kids.  You all have my complete adoration.

I've slowly been adjusting.

I've gone back to doing laundry the way I used to do it when the kids were little.  I run the clothes through the wash at night - I put it in before I go to bed.  Once I'm up and running in the morning, I move clothes over to the dryer.  If the weather is nice, I'll hang it outside before I leave for work.

I work Monday nights from 1 until 9.  I go grocery shopping on Monday mornings.  Lines are short, and while the stocking might not be all that I wish, I do manage to get most of what I need.  I've also been scheduling my appointments on Monday mornings.  It's nice, since I don't have to use my minimal leave in order to go to the dentist!

Dinner - I've gotten the hang of the Instant Pot and I've always had the Slow Cooker mojo.  I've been cooking enough for at least two meals, or enough to have left overs to take for lunch for a couple of days.  It's been years since I've done the "Cook Once Eat for a Month" thing - but I see that in my very near future.

Figuring out how to get to the gym has been my biggest challenge.  I have a tough time getting myself back out again after dinner.  It's dark and cold.  I know, that's a poor excuse.  I've tried going in the morning, but I just can't quite get myself over there and off to work, with breakfast in my stomach and lunch in my bag in a timely manner.   Figuring out how to make this consistent is going to be my "thing" for the next year!

Blogging has fallen by the wayside.  I am beginning to pick this back up again!  Having our Wi-Fi go down two weeks ago definitely put a damper on things.  Blogging isn't going to be regular again for a while, but I do intend to blog.  If you check in once a week, you'll see at least one new post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment