Friday, April 2, 2021

My 2021 Resolutions

I like to keep a list of resolutions on the blog.  It helped to keep me accountable and  helped me keep track of my goals - what I wanted to do and whether or not I actually got them accomplished during the year.  I had a few goals in 2020.  Those all went out the window in March.  I don't even want to talk about those goals anymore.  But, this is 2021, and we are all set for a new series of goals.  So, here they are.  It's a short list this year. 

1) Get away with my husband twice this year. 

The timing on this will depend upon CoVid restrictions being lifted and us getting vaccinated.  We are waiting.

2) Visit middle child in Kansas.

We are planning to drive out in September, if CoVid restrictions have been lifted.

3) Visit all of the state parks in Maryland.

I have my State Parks Pass!  Waiting for the weather to warm up!

4) Get one more stamp in my National Parks Passport.

Where to go?  There are a lot of National Parks close by.  But the NPS has not yet put the stamps back out at the parks.

5) Lose 10% of my body weight.

I've packed on the CoVid 19.  I've lost 3 of those pounds.  16 more to go.  And then heck, why not go for a few more pounds after that and hit 10% of my body weight?  I've done it once before.  It's time to do it again.

6) Get a storage unit and move stuff there to sort it out.

We had stuff we needed to get out.  And then we cleaned out my Mom's house when we moved her to Assisted Living and then we cleaned out my MIL's condo and apartment and THEN the oldest child moved back in.  AND THEN my Step-Mother's niece called me and gave me BOXES of my Dad's stuff.  You know, my Dad.  Who passed away over 12 years ago.  (There's another story...)  This house looks like a real life episode of Hoarders.

7) Do a minor home improvement project.

There's a lot to choose from.  Which one will we pick?  Fixing the fence line in the back?  Getting the wood trim on the house painted?  Replacing the floor in the utility area in the basement? Hiring the tree guys to come out and get rid of the brush piles in the back? Having someone come out and landscape the front of the house?

8) Visit my cousins in Texas (a trip postponed from 2020.)

I'm crossing my fingers.  I was supposed to visit them in April 2020.  As of right now, I have an in person conference for work that is tentatively set to be in San Antonio late this year.  I would love to fly there and then spend a few extra days with the cousins.  Again, everything depends on CoVid.

9) Get my kids and all of my sister's kids together in the same place at the same time.

This would be the first time since Thanksgiving 2017.  I hate when they grow up and move out. It makes getting together so much more challenging.  We need this to happen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment