Friday, March 4, 2022

An argument over a lamp

 The most ridiculous of arguments happened over the weekend when I was visiting Mom.  She has a lamp in her room that was beginning to strobe. I was afraid that it would trigger a seizure. so I attempted to turn it off.  Mom kept telling me that it had a switch at the bottom.  It didn't have one of those switches, but it did have a knob switch just below the bulb at the top of the lamp. The knob was broken, and all that was there was a screw.

Mom became agitated when we unplugged the light, and she began yelling at me because she thought it had a switch.  I picked up the lamp and asked her to show me where the switch was.

She leaned over to her left, and showed me the switch on the lamp next to her, turning it on and off.

When I tried to tell her that she was using the other lamp and not the one in my hand that was broken, she started yelling at me again about the switch on the lamp, turning the lamp next to her on and off....

I tell you, this is what memories are made of!  I'll be looking back on this in a few years and laughing!

Note: I did take the lamp home with me. I replaced the bulb and put a new knob on the lamp. Now to argue with myself about whether or not it's worth putting it back in her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment