Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Bathroom Remodel (FINALLY!!!)

I have pictures!  I have stories!  It is finally done!!!  HOORAY!  Years after the walls fell out of the
shower, we finally have a bathroom that not only can we use - but we can be proud of it!

As a reminder - THIS is what happened to our bathroom, pictures and all.

After more years than I want to count, we finally got ourselves together enough to pay for the remodel!  HOORAY! 

We went to one of the local home improvement stores, and had them do the big jobs - tub and tub surround, vanity, toilet and flooring.)

Husband re-enameled the wall tile.

We replaced the baseboard heater.  (C'mon, these things were installed in 1970.  You can't convince me that they're any kind of efficient.  I've got 6 more to replace in this house.)

We replaced the light fixture over the sinks.

And painted the trim and the doors.  I really didn't want to be painting anything over new flooring!

Now, here we are.  A fully functional 2 bathroom house.  I still can't believe that all 5 of us were sharing the master bathroom for as long as we have been.   What a long time this repair has been in the making!  Below, you'll see the pictures of the bathroom.  It's quite the change, isn't it?  And the best part of all of this?  We were able to pay for this renovation out of pocket.  Yes, it's taken years, but we paid cash.  Husband was able to do much of the work himself.  As a result, we saved a LOT of money on the overall cost.




















If you'll excuse me, I'm off to go take my first bath in almost 10 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment