Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Musings

Has fall arrived in your corner of the world?  It has not yet arrived in the Mid-Atlantic.  Our temperatures this week have been hovering around 90.  It's almost October, and we're looking at 90 degree weather.  WHY????

The past couple of weeks have been an interesting couple of weeks.... and not always interesting in a good way.

Daughter and I went to a hand lettering workshop recently.  It was a disappointment.  For my $30, I got to write a quote on a canvas with a Sharpie.  The instruction in hand lettering was minimal.  I've played with handwriting over the years.  I didn't learn anything new.  But I had a great time spending time with my daughter, and we spent a lot of time telling jokes, so all was not lost!

This past weekend, I went to the Baltimore Book Festival.  It was a beautiful weekend on the water, with books and authors everywhere you looked!  We sat in on a few author talks.  Most of them were enjoyable, and most of the authors enjoyed speaking with their fans.

(I'm sure you noticed the use of the word MOST.)

I was reflecting yesterday on how many people we've lost this summer.  Barbara died at the beginning of summer after a 10 year battle with breast cancer.  Joe died after a 7 year battle with ALS.  Two neighborhood kids have died of heroin overdoeses.  Rich died of a massive heart attack last week.  RG, a career army veteran, killed himself. 

I know that's the nature of this crazy life that we live. 

But it just drives home how uncertain our life is.  Hug your loved ones tight, forgive those who need your forgiveness while you still can, and tell everyone that you love them.  You never know what the future holds....

No comments:

Post a Comment