Monday, September 4, 2017

State Fair

I went to the State Fair this weekend.  I hate to admit it, but if you don't have the ability to eat gluten, the enjoyment of fair food is significantly diminished.  I really did enjoy sampling a new fried crap something every year at the fair.  Sadly, that was not an option this year.  I did enjoy myself, however!  I spent some time with the cows, and I was able to spend time in the birthing center, watching new animals come into our world.  It is nothing short of amazing to watch a new life enter the world.  I saw piglets and a new calf enter the world.  I watched as chicks worked they way out of their shells, and stood in awe as exhausted new moms laid down on their sides and fell asleep while their children found the "nozzles" and began to nurse!
Still not steady on her legs, but she's up and moving!

I roamed through the exhibits and saw entries my friends had made and cheered over all of them!  Several of my friends received well deserved ribbons for their work.  I also roamed through the exhibit hall, where I picked up a set of Velcro strips for our EZ pass, and even won a free pair of sunglasses from the Maryland Lottery.

How about you?  Were you able to get to a State Fair this year?  Where did you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment