Friday, March 2, 2018

2018 Resolutions - March Update

This month has been consumed by the No-Spenduary Challenge!  I've been *mostly* good about not spending extra.  I've taken my lunch every single day, we've cooked from scratch, eaten leftovers, and done just about everything else we can to cut corners and build up that savings cushion!

1) Participate in the NoSpenduary Challenge
Done!  And I think ALL of our electronics need to be replaced.  I'm going to have to replace them slowly, or I'll end up undoing all of the good effects of the NoSpenduary Challenge in one week!

2) 40 Bags in 40 Days
4 bags and 2 boxes to date.

Keep in mind, I'm writing this on a borrowed laptop, and I'm writing it a little far out.  I'll have a more accurate count next month!

3) Get Away with my husband - TWICE.
Plans are in the works.

4) Pay off 1 Big Debt
Yes, get the Civic paid off this year, if I can.

5) Finish Daughter's and Husband's quilts.
See this post about the kitten and the quilt.

6) Get Out to Visit Middle Child this year.
I've set a date.  He knows he's traveling somewhere on business that month, so we're waiting for him to get the final word on whether or not he'll be in town that weekend.

7) Replace the Roof on the House
This needs to be done before this fall.  The money we save during NoSpenduary is going towards the roof replacement.  My dream is to be able to add a porch onto the front of the house when we replace to roof.

8) Exercise most days during a week.
It's better this month.  Not a solid 4 days every week, but it's averaging out to 4 days a week.
Interesting Steeple!  Independence, MO
My nifty little spreadsheet is on the laptop - you know, the one that's not working?

9) Make some of my Christmas gifts this year.
Watching my daughter and her boyfriend exchange home made gifts has inspired me to think outside the box. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I will do something. 

10) Cut my grocery budget to $250/month.
We've been eating fairly low on the food chain this month, and eating through what we have in the freezer and the cupboards.  The Instant Pot has been heavily used!

Total spent this month: $150
Total spent year to date: $600
 
(over)under budget for the year: ($100)

11) Turn my yarn and fabric stash into something more... but what?
I took the grey yarn I had in the stash, bought some more, and made it into a very large blanket to give to daughter's boyfriend when he graduates later this spring.

12) Take one item off my bucket list.
Reservations have been made.

13) Have on media free day per week.
Not been a problem.

14) Visit 12 libraries I have never been to before 
Lawrence Public Library
Truman Library and Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment