Friday, February 23, 2018

The Kitten and The Quilt

Hobbes, relaxing on the couch.
I've been hand quilting daughter's quilt for a while now.  Hand quilting is time consuming, and I love having that warm fabric and cotton sandwich on my lap during the winter.  It serves the dual purpose of finishing a quilt and keeping me warm on chilly winter nights.  I have to admit, I was looking forward to working on that quilt all through the Olympics.

Last weekend, as I was quilting, I felt an unusual pulling at the bottom of the quilt. I looked down on the floor, and saw Hobbes peeking out from under the quilt.  I smiled at him, and then quickly began to panic as I realized that he had pulled off a significant chunk of cotton batting and was eating it.

The flight that ensued as I attempted to chase him down, prize open his mouth, and yank out the cotton can only be described as "Mad Panic".   It's not an experience I want to relive any time soon.

And so, the quilts - unfinished - have been put into a safe location for now.  I plan on taking the girl's quilt outside to quilt once the weather warms up enough for me to spend some time outside.  I can work on the quilt in peace while Hobbes is inside the house.

I'm not certain when, where, or how I'm going to finish off the edges of these quilts.  Quite honestly, I might be sewing outside on the carport this summer!

In the meantime, I will be kept on my toes, attempting to keep all of the choking hazards away from the very spoiled little kitten!

No comments:

Post a Comment