Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Brookside Gardens

 Mom lives in Arlington, Virginia. On our way home, we drove through Montgomery County and stopped by Brookside Gardens.

I love roaming through Brookside Gardens when we are in the area. When the kids were babies, I would bring them here so that they could run around the paths and see the beautiful flowers and gardens. We spent many happy hours wandering through the paths! 

Crystals hanging from the overhead arbor.
There is one crystal for every person who has died of CoVid in Montgomery County.
The exhibit will remain up through the end of September.



Another view of the crystals. 
I wish I could have caught the interplay of light on the crystals.


I love these big leaves. You can't tell from this picture, but they were 3 feet high!



Inside the Conservatory.





My favorite tree on the property. It's so majestic!


Found these beauties right next to the path!






I don't remember the names of these flowers, but they are so pretty!


What about you? Do you have gorgeous public gardens to walk around where you live? 
I would love to know about them!


No comments:

Post a Comment