Saturday, September 18, 2021

It's Been A While!

I was looking back through my most recent posts, and I realize that the most recent updates include the girl moving out.  In January of 2020.  So, let's catch up.

Mom celebrated her 90th birthday earlier this year. She had a pacemaker put in during the month of April, and she is doing better now. She is living in a Senior Apartment. She is still mentally alert, and while her eyesight is failing, she still enjoys talking to people and reminiscing about old times.

My step mother appeared out of nowhere last April and asked me if I wanted my Dad's stuff. I hadn't heard from her since Dad died - in 2008. 12 years. I met her niece in a parking lot, and she gave me a trunk full off Dad's stuff. Old pictures, slides, and his military records. It wasn't much, but I'm glad to have it all! Her niece told me that Step Mom was in a nursing home, and I sent her cards and letters every month. I never heard back from her. But I didn't expect to hear back from her.  

So, in April, when Mom was in the hospital, her heart was pausing and then restarting. When I was talking with the cardiologist about what was happening I said "You know, if my step-mother was dead, I would swear her ghost was standing over Mom, shoving her spirit back in her body and giving her CPR and yelling "NOT YET DAMMIT - HE'S MINE, ALL MINE".  Mom went back for surgery, and I was bored. I decided to google search my step mother for the heck of it. And that's how I found out that she had passed away. On January 2 of 2021. 

In late April, my Mother in Law passed away. She had a massive stroke. But, she was at a table with her friends, eating lunch and laughing when it happened. It's comforting to think she was with other people.

My sister in law's mother passed on Christmas Eve.

My daughter got really sick, and ended up in the ER after she couldn't eat or drink anything. An endoscope found that she had gastritis. The summer was tough on her as she struggled with the bland limited diet prescribed by her doctor to help heal her gut.

I needed to vent, and thanks for listening. After this last 9 months, I needed to get it all out.

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment