I don't know if I've mentioned it lately, but I am a librarian in a public library. Two years ago, I was assigned to go out to our local high school and meet once a week with the kids and talk about "something" for an hour after school. Honestly, I was at a loss. My own kids last saw their teenage years over 10 years ago, and the world has been through immense change since I was a teenager. I do know that kids enjoy reading Manga (so do I) and that we were heading into that perfectly wonderful time of the year known as March Madness, where the NCAA looks to crown the championship college basketball team. Brackets abound everywhere. So, I decided to combine those two things and make a Manga March Madness for us to discuss. Which heroes/anti-heroes were the best? Who would reign supreme in a battle?
We were to meet once a week, discuss the characters, and then vote on who the winners were each week to move on to the next bracket. I picked my favorite characters, and then I polled my co-workers to find their favorite characters. And then, I came up with this bracket.
For over a month, we met in the media center after school and voted on who was the best of the characters. The final four came down to Yor from Spy x Family, Tatsu from Adventures of a Househusband, Saitama from One Punch Man, and I know, that's a wild group of characters, isn't it?
So, I'm curious. If you were to build a bracket? Who do you feel must be included?

No comments:
Post a Comment