Located in Colonial Williamsburg, behind the Raleigh Tavern is the bake shop. Loaded with all of the carby goodness your heart desires while roaming through Williamsburg, there is one perennial family favorite. I discovered this on a trip to Colonial Williamsburg back in the 1970's. It's a Ginger Cake. Fresh out of the oven, hot and delicious, these things are the best. Everytime that we have been back to Colonial Williamsburg since that initial trip, I have made it a point to stop and get a couple of these delicacies. Don't let the name fool you. They are less than a cake, and more than a cookie. They're very dense and hearty and so good!
Somewhere along the way, I started adding Root Beer from the tavern. They have other food at this little Bake Shop. I looked at it. But to me - this taste is the taste of Colonial Williamsburg.
Honestly, there's a part of me that loves to think that our founding fathers nibbled on cookies just like these!

No comments:
Post a Comment