Do you remember writing these essays back in the day? I do! While I have a lot of content in here about random things that tickle my fancy, I don't think I've honestly tackled what has been going on in the Real World.
We went traveling at the beginning of summer. We went to Colonial Williamsburg. We visited Yorktown and Jamestown. I love visiting those historic sites and understanding how we came to be where we are now. We went to Kansas for the 4th of July. Not only did we get to see the fireworks, we were there in time for several World Cup matches. We did not attend the matches, but we did enjoy a watch party, and we had so much fun meeting people from all over the world. The breakfast area in the hotel lobby was a very fun place to be!
One of our children has gotten engaged! They have chosen a venue! I got to go to the tasting with the caterer, and soon I get to tag along for the dress shopping. I did not have a wedding planner back when I got married, I did all the work myself and forgot many things until the very last minute. These kids have the benefit of having a dedicated wedding planner who is helping them out with all of the details big and small. I enjoyed planning my own wedding, but my gosh, a wedding planner makes such a difference.
![]() |
| Bulgogi-Mushroom Bowl from the tasting. |
We emptied out the storage unit - onto our carport. Most everything has been sifted and sorted. I now have several very large empty plastic bins that I need to deal with. I'm honestly not done yet. Now that we are about to deal with the water in the basement, we are going to have to clear out the basement. OK - at least pull everything 5' away from the wall. So... I might be packing up stuff. AGAIN. I still have stuff down there that I have put off sorting through the first time. Before all is said and done, we really will have significantly downsized.
We've been to see a play: Mean Girls. Which, in some ways, reminded me more of being a mom of young children in the hyper competitive world of children's soccer than my high school. Don't get me wrong, my high school definitely had those cliques, but this band geek was completely out of the loop of that drama.
We've been to a couple of free outdoor concerts this summer. My favorite summer activity is taking a picnic dinner out to some outdoor venue and listening to free music!
![]() |
| Picnic with Banana Pudding! |
I've worked a lot. Too much. I'm trying to work harder on work-life balance. It hit me this summer that I don't have that. I really need to improve that!
I've worked out a lot. The front desk staff at the gym knows me by name now.
Oh, and I've had a couple of incidents where I've been sick this summer. Once with Heat Exhaustion (that wasn't fun) and once with food poisoning. (also not fun) I have to say, both times, the cat has decided that she is my mother in those instances. She comes over, runs her paws through my hair and grooms me just like a mama cat would with a kitten. It's both very sweet and very disconcerting!
How was your summer?



No comments:
Post a Comment