Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have much to be thankful for this year.

My mother survived a horrible, life threatening bowel rupture.  Once, twice, the bowel ruptured, stoma failed, she had pneumonia, and C-Diff.  Being the stubborn person that she is, she survived.  She was released from the hospital and sent to a nursing home/rehab facility two weeks ago.  She came home earlier this week. She is very weak, and still needs her walker to get around, but her attitude is much improved since she came home!

All 3 of my kids are thriving.  The oldest is getting ready to graduate from college, and the youngest from high school.  All of them have managed to find jobs, good jobs with steady hours.  I do know we're fortunate.  I hear from so many parents of teens that their kids can't find jobs.

I found a job that I love and enjoy this year. 

We have a house to live in. It's a sturdy house.  Yes, it needs a lot of work (we really haven't even scratched the surface of what needs to be done), but it is a solid roof that protects us from the elements, gives us a safe place to gather, and a venue for our crazy family to gather and spend time together.

We have food to put on the table.  Every day,  3 times a day, we put a meal on the table.  I am well aware that not everyone can do this.  I am grateful that we can.

Both of our cars work.  One car has over 200,000 miles, and the other has 90,000.  I am so glad that we do not have to go into debt to purchase a car to get us to where we need to go.

We have libraries close by.  Free books & materials.  Available to anyone and everyone. 

We live in an amazing country.  I know we have problems.  I know that things are not as well as we would like to think the are, but we are fortunate to live in a country that allows us to get out and demonstrate when we don't agree with something.  We even have a system by which we can change things - by voting.

So, as I sit here this evening, counting my blessings, I hope that you find many things to be thankful for this year.  And I truly hope and pray that next year, you will have more blessings to count than you do this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment