Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Monday

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful weekend, filled with family, friends, and lots of love.

We had a fun weekend.  Middle child surprised us with a visit home Saturday night - he went back to school Sunday afternoon, but that left us scrambling for dinner after the stores had closed.  We ended up having roasted potatoes, salmon, quinoa pilaf, and fruit salad.  It was actually a very good meal.  Not what I would have planned, but it was about the company - not spending hours preparing the meal.  We had a wonderful group phone call with oldest child in the afternoon, it was wonderful!

Luna has acquired a bunch of fleas.  We don't know where they came from since she doesn't go out.  It had gotten so bad that she had bald spots on the backs of her legs from where she was scratching and licking herself.  We found some flea gel for her Saturday morning, put it on her that afternoon, and now she is no longer scratching.

We began our taxes this weekend.  We're behind.  They've usually been submitted long before now.  Not sure when they'll actually get submitted - but the clock is ticking.  Only a little over 2 weeks before they're due...  And papers are scattered everywhere!

We did make it into Washington D.C. last week and spent some time with the Cherry Blossoms!  I will be posting pictures later this week.  Let me tell you, this year was perfect!  The blossoms peaked on Saturday - and with the steady rain we are having today, they will be gone by the end of the day.  We walked 8 miles the day we went in.  I was exhausted when we got home - and I had a bruise under the middle toe on my foot - right where I push off when I walk.  Not certain how that happened, but good golly it hurt for a couple of days!

All the kids are back to school now - they've all got about 6 weeks left in their respective semesters before summer.  Daughter will be getting her wisdom teeth pulled the week after finals are finished.  We met with the oral surgeon earlier this week - and met his resident who is working with him through the rest of this year.  I verified - our oral surgeon will be the one actually doing the tooth removal.  I'm sure the resident is good, but I am paying for our oral surgeon to do the surgery - and I am more comfortable with him.  He's worked with our weird tooth conditions for years now.  (Middle child had one tooth grow out through the bottom of his chin....)

I hope you enjoy your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment