Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Manic Monday (On Tuesday)

I hope your weekend was not terribly full of adventures and that you manage to catch up on your missing hour of sleep soon - very soon!

We took oldest child back up to college on Saturday - 3 hours up - made sure he had groceries - and then drove 3 hours back home.  It was great having him home!  He is at about the midpoint of his semester, and needs to do a lot of studying between now and then.  His grades are not as high as he would like for them to be at this point in time.

Middle child is home now.  He loves to cook, and he loves having his own kitchen to work in - not the teeny little faux kitchen that he has at school.  We came home from church yesterday to the smell of hamburgers, onions carmelizing in brown sugar on the stove, and the most amazing hand-cut and seasoned sweet potato fries.

I've got a ton of stuff going out of my house this week.  I'm cleaning out the last of my teaching stuff, and it's filling up the trunk of my car.  If this doesn't pop my total of random crap that I've gotten out of my house over 1,000 I don't know what will.  In addition to everything else, I've got a box of random small kids meal toys that one of my friends uses to give out as prizes to her students for good behavior.  I'm not certain how many little random toys are in that box.  It's at least 50, but I think it's closer to 100+.  I actually didn't count as I was concentrating on deciding what was more appropriate to give away and if we needed to keep anything.  (Not that much, as it turns out.)

A final thought for you all as we head into another day of Primary Voting:
Please get out and vote.  Please put some serious thought into what kind of candidate you want to support, and how that candidate not only treats other people, but how that candidate will treat other nations.  THIS is important.


source: Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment