Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Keeping Track of Crap

I have a lot of those store loyalty cards.  I tried to get rid of them, but I have a handful of those, Metro Fare Cards, and other misc. items that I myself occasionally using.  I needed to keep track of them, but if I leave them loose in my purse, I find myself digging around while people are waiting in line behind me, muttering under their breath.

A genius idea struck me when I was out the other day.  I found a little photo album for less than $1.  I took it home and snazzed it up with some paper I had laying around the house, and put the loyalty cards I use the most inside.  Hey presto!  Look!  I have a quick and easy way to keep those annoying little cards organized, and it fits nicely into my purse! 

My Mom and I just bought her one of these little albums, and we spent yesterday filling it with her "have to have" medical information.  On the first page, we have the names, phone numbers, and specialties of every doctor she sees.

Inside, we've taken the prescription information from every prescription that she has and put each one in each page.  She's only on 2 medications.  We used the big brochure that comes with each prescription - it has the doctor's information as well as her own on the brochure, in addition to the name of the medication and the dosage.  We put in information about her major medical procedures - when they were done, what hospital, and who the doctor was.  If she had any known allergies, those would be on the front cover of her album.  Pretty clever idea, and it's all in an easy to carry around book!  She's got it in her purse now so that she can access it as needed, and if there's ever an emergency, so can the EMT's.  She wrote "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY READ THIS FIRST" on the front cover.  There's a note under that that tells first responders to check her cell phone - my sister and I are listed under "ICE #1 and ICE #2" in her contacts.  (ICE= In Case of Emergency.) Did you know that?  I didn't.  

As Martha Stewart would say "It's a Good Thing".



No comments:

Post a Comment