Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday Musings

Last week was an interesting week.  I picked up a wicked case of food poisoning.  I spent a good 48 hours suffering from that before the symptoms began to dissipate.  Today is the first day I really feel like my stomach is back and running at "normal".  It's nice to actually be hungry again!  On a side note, I lost 10 pounds in 48 hours.  I've gained 5 of those pounds back, but it would be really nice to keep that extra 5 pounds off!  (I've got to look for the silver lining here.)



Tiger has found a new favorite place to hang out in this heat - under the bushes in front of the house.  Just look at him coming out from under that bush!  Doesn't he make that stretch look good?





Daughter and I put together another succulent terrarium this week.  We've got two - we're searching for a third that would play well with these two.  I love succulents!  They thrive off of neglect.  I typically remember to water plants once every couple of weeks - which is just about how much water these guys need.  It's a match made in heaven!

My view out of the window onto the rooftop garden at the Miller Library.
I've been working on a project lately that has required a lot of library time.  I've been going every afternoon I'm off of work - either to the library or Starbucks.  Friday was an energy savings day.  (You know, one of those days where you save money if you use less electricity than usual?)  So, I was camped out at my usual table on the second floor along with more people than I've ever seen in the library before, all waiting for the energy savings day to be over.  I had to practically wade through the kids to get to the second floor.


I saw this poor car in the parking lot.  It looks like he's getting ready to transform into something else, doesn't it?  #transformers



No comments:

Post a Comment