Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Monday Musings (on Tuesday)

No Spenduary
I began on Sunday, with the beginning of the month.  Saturday, I went out and indulged for the very last time in one of my favorite items - a Very Berry Refresher from Starbucks.  I made certain that I got a Venti.  I took it to work with me, and I nursed it all day long!  I drank some before I went in, and then put it in my thermal cup, in the fridge at work, where I knew it would stay cold and I could take a sip now and again as the day went on!  Not very dignified, I know, but hey, why not?  I love cold water with lots of ice, so once I finished off my drink, I refilled it with water a couple of times. 

Star Wars Rogue One
I went to see the new Star Wars movie last week.  I was hoping to pay homage to Carrie Fisher.  As I watched the movie, I was confused about the plot of the movie. No Carrie Fisher, no Mark Hamill, no Kai Loren.  And there was Darth Vader and the Death Star.  Confused as all get out, I left the movie confused and unsatisfied.  As I was driving home with the kids I made the comment "Really?  The Empire is still trying to make the Death Star operational?  You think they would have learned a long time ago to give that up."

"Mom" laughed the kids... "This wasn't the Eighth movie in the series.  This was basically 3 and 1/2.  It was set after episode 3, but before the one where Luke makes his appearance."

OK, so now that I know that, I need to go back and see the movie again.  I might appreciate it more now that I know the premise!

A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder
One of the family gifts we gave our kids for Christmas was tickets to go see A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder at the Hippodrome.  We had a marvelous time, the show was fantastic, and the actors were absolutely amazing.  I'm so glad we went! Good golly, how much I love theater!  I've still got that happy buzz going!



Funemployed
Daughter was given this game for Christmas by one of her friends.  It's an absolute hoot!  It's like Apples for Apples, but with a really fun twist.  The "Hiring Coordinator"  (think HR person)  puts down the title of a job.  Each player is given 4 qualifications for their resume.  Ten extra qualifications are then laid down.   You are given one minute to swap out qualifications and build your resume.  At the end of a minute, you get to present your case as to why you are the most qualified person for the position given the skills on your resume.  We laughed so hard we cried when we played this game!  It was great!



Facebook Quiz
I don't normally take Facebook quizzes, but I couldn't pass this one up.  It's called "What is Waiting for You in 2017?"  I pasted my results below.  I'm curious to see how this plays out.  Maybe I should look at this instead of making a list of resolutions for the year?  Yeah, right.  Anyway, here is what is going to happen to me this year:
January: A Road Trip  (In the middle of winter?)
February: Time With Family  (Do we see a massive snowstorm on the horizon?)
March: A Wedding
April: A New Family Member
May: A New Hobby
June: A Vacation
July: Money
August: A Change
September: A Surprise Visit
October: A New Car
November: A Dream House
December: A One of a Kind Party

Hmmm.... we'll see what happens.  I'm assuming that I win the lottery in July, and decide to move somewhere else, ditch the mini-van for a new something and buy a dream house.  I'm going to have to keep track of this one and see how it goes this year!  (Should I add this list to my 2017 Goals and Resolutions list?  Or keep it in my Monday Musings.... decisions, decisions, decisions)

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment