Monday, April 30, 2018

2018 Resolutions - May Update

I missed last month.... so we've got a huge update this month!

1) Participate in the NoSpenduary Challenge
We saved in February.  We're holding back on spending this month and next month, too.

2) 40 Bags in 40 Days
So, we were out of town for a good chunk of Lent, so I didn't get 40 bags of crap out of the house.  I'm still trying to get the 40 bags of junk out of the house.  As of this writing, I've gotten 7 bags out of the house... just  33 more to go.

3) Get Away With My Husband - Twice
Emporer Penguin, Sydney Aquarium

First get away is done!  Now, to get another one planned for the fall!

4) Get 1 Big Debt Paid off this Year
The goal is to get the Civic paid off - or mostly paid off - this year.

5) Finish Daughter's and Husband's Quilts
I've gotten daughter's quilt back out.  I'm curious to see if I'll actually be able to quilt without too much interference from Hobbes.

6) Get Out to Visit Middle Child this Year
We're hoping he's going to be home the weekend we head out there.  I'd really hate to spend a weekend in Kansas and have him not be there.

7) Replace the Roof on the House this Fall
All of the money we put aside from the NoSpenduary Challenge is being set aside to replace the roof on the house.  If we can set enough money aside, I want to add a porch onto the front of the house.  We'll see how things work out!

8) Exercise Most Days During the Week.
It's a struggle.  I'm at 3 dedicated days/week.  I am struggling to get that number up to 4.

9) Make some of my Christmas gifts this year.
Watching my daughter and her boyfriend exchange home made gifts has inspired me to think outside the box. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I will do something.

10) Cut my grocery budget to $250/month.
Well this has gone down the drain.  I haven't kept track of groceries at all while we were gone.  I need to get back on the wagon and keep track of these numbers..

11) Turn my yarn and fabric stash into something more... but what?
Graduation present for daughter's boyfriend.
Baby Blanket for a Co-Worker
What's next?

12) Take One Item Off my Bucket List
 I did it!  And it was a big one!  I went to Australia with my husband!

13) Have One Media Free Day per Week
Not been a problem.
 
14) Visit 12 Libraries I Have Never Been to Before
Lawrence Public Library
Truman Library and Museum
New South Wales Library
Central Rappahannock Regional Library Porter Branch

I have a couple of professional goals I want to meet, too.  I'm not going to list them here, but they're in the back of my mind!
1) PG #1
I had an article published! 
2) PG #2

No comments:

Post a Comment