Monday, December 27, 2021

A Very Merry Christmas to You!

 This is a little late, but I send you the merriest of Christmas Wishes to you all!

We’ve had a busy week. My kids have all been home for a week now and I have enjoyed every single minute that I have had with them. We’ve played games, watched movies, worked on jigsaw puzzles and stayed up entirely too late talking and laughing. It’s been wonderful!

We spent one day with my Mom. One entire day. We were thoroughly masked the entire time we were together, and we spent several hours laughing and catching up with her. It was a good day filled with great memories!

We have lost so many people we love  this year, and this has been a sorrowful season as we struggle to adapt to a different holiday season.

We are ending on a hopeful note. One of our children is engaged, and another one defended a PhD. The third is hoping to settle on a new house in the next few weeks. Husband and I are getting ready to undertake some extensive home renovations this next year. They are long overdue, and my in-laws, when they owned this house had talked about doing them. They lived here 30 years. We’ve been here for 16. It’s well past time to get them finished. 

I sincerely hope that you have found joy and peace in your memories this season.

Let’s all work to be kind and gentle with each other this season. We’ve had a difficult two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment