Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Our Dinner Spreadsheet for this week.

Yesterday, I posted about my spreadsheet that I have been using for dinner. Actually, I have an entire workbook, with tabs for each week spanning about 20 weeks. At this point, it's easy for me to go back through the spreadsheet and pick and choose from past recipes or weeks based upon what we liked in the past and what our schedules look like for the upcoming week.

So, here is a copy of the spreadsheet that we are using for dinner this week. The only way I could easily share this was to do a screen shot, so the links aren't live. 

If you can see the teeny tiny print, you can see that I try to prepare meals for two days, or double a meal and freeze the extras for another day to make life easier for us when we get home from work on a weekday.  Both husband and I are able to access this from our devices, and pick up what we need at the store. What this doesn't show is that I will go through and use the strikethrough feature on any ingredients we already have in the house so that it's easy to see what we need for the week. 

Pulling together a shopping list from this is fairly easy and makes grocery shopping much less frustrating.



In case if you can't see the recipes, and need the links, here they are:

White Bean Kale Soup: https://midwestfoodieblog.com/white-bean-kale-soup/

Paleo Baked Butter Chicken: https://www.maryswholelife.com/paleo-baked-butter-chicken-meatballs/

The Freezer Meal we are pulling out of the freezer on Thursday night:  https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-chicken-and-wild-rice-bake-216431

Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka: https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-chicken-and-wild-rice-bake-216431

Friday night is my own chili recipe, and prep meal for Saturday. Since I work Saturday, I'm off Friday and will have the time to do a quick meal prep.  I always like to have 3 or 4 meals in the freezer, and when I can, I make a roast on Sunday so that I can use the leftovers for the rest of the week.

What about you? How do you organize your meals for the week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment