Wednesday, May 13, 2026

My Veggie Garden

 It has been a very chilly spring here in the Mid-Atlantic. I have attempted to plant a veggie garden.  It has been a massive failure to date.  A late frost has wiped out just about everything.  I started some tomatoes and peppers in the house - and they are still in the house.  It hasn't been warm enough to take them out and plant them, yet.

I think the biggest sign of just how odd this growing season has been is to show you a picture of my snap peas.  I planted them on March 17.  I've always planted them on March 17.  This is the middle of May.  Usually at this point in time, I'm looking at some beautiful big plants.  Instead, this is what I have.

I filled this box full of peas.  What is going on here?  I was digging through that box yesterday and found a lot of peas that have yet to sprout.  The peas were new and packed for this year.  At this point, I'm wondering if I'll ever harvest any peas.  The vines sure are pretty! 



No comments:

Post a Comment