Saturday, September 28, 2013

A letter from the cat

Hello, this is Princess Luna.  I have once again taken over the keyboard to tell you of the trials and tribulations involved in the life of the cat. 
 
The human everyone calls "Dad" has been working in one of the bathrooms over the past few months.  The walls around the tub fell down.  He took out the walls, and took out some more walls and replaced them with something called "drywall".
 
He then took out the old bathtub.  Good riddance to that thing!  It always had water in it.  The humans would climb in, and close a curtain.  I would poke my head around the corner to see what they were doing and "SWOOSH" my head was covered with water.  A very nasty invention.  I don't see why they get in there everyday. 
 
Anyway, "Dad" put a new tub into the bathroom last week.  It's still not attached to the plumbing, so it is the perfect place to hang out.  A nice deep, warm place that has no water.  I love to take hairbands in there and chase them around... they can't get away from me.  It's best to take them in there in the middle of the night so that I can test my abilities to catch something small in the dark.  I am only thinking about protecting my humans, you know.
 
"Dad" still hasn't put the walls up around the bathtub.  So, when you walk along the edge like the runway model I am, there is some extra space between the edge of the tub and the other wall.  ("Mom" calls it the stud space.)  I was up there the other day when "Mom" was out when Tiger decided to come in and play with me!
 
I'm not certain how it happened.. (I didn't push him, I swear I didn't).. but he fell in between the tub and the wall.  And then he couldn't get out.
 
I didn't want him to feel lonely or scared, so I hopped down there too, to let him know "Hey, I've got your back, bro."
 
And then, I couldn't figure out how to get out either.
 
So I began to howl for my humans.  And then, Tiger began to howl for our humans.  And then I began howling for Tiger to stop howling, and Tiger started howling because I was being a pain.
 
I don't know how long we were stuck back there, howling at the top of our lungs.
 
We did finally hear youngest human walk in the door.  She heard us howling and came looking for us.  When she finally found us, what did she do?  She laughed at us!  And then, she called "Mom", asking for help.
 
Youngest human put us on speaker phone so that she could follow "Mom's" directions.  "Mom" told her to empty out the linen closet.  And then, youngest human had to find a screwdriver and unscrew something called an access panel.
 
You know, after all that work, we didn't just feel like coming out.  WE had been back there for a long time.  We had bonded.  We weren't just going to come out for nothing.
 
Youngest human rattled the cat dish.  We stopped howling, but decided not to come.
 
She brought out the treat container.  We moved a little closer, but we wanted more.
 
She opened one can of tuna, and that sell-out, Tiger, he went straight for the tuna can.  He streaked past me and gobbled all of the tuna, without even asking me if I wanted any!  So, I howled at him for being such a selfish feline.
 
Finally, youngest human brought me one of "Moms" pumpkin muffins.  Then, she put Tiger outside.  Then, and only then, did I decide to saunter out.  I ate the muffin.  And then, I ate the treats.  And then, I ate some cat food.  And then, I left her a left her a little present on top of her Algebra homework.  HEY!!  I couldn't help myself!  My tummy was full, and I'd had a distressing afternoon!
 
May your food dish never be empty!
 
-Luna
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment