Monday, September 9, 2013

My Goals for the Week

So, after the world's largest ever 3D game of Tetris, we managed to get our living room straightened out.

Mom's sofa is now in our living room.  The cedar chest (Hope Chest) that my grandmother bought for my Mom during the depression by saving one dime at a time on groceries over several months is now tucked into a corner of the living room, waiting for our daughter to take it with her when she moves into her first house many years from now.  The old sofa, which was third hand to us, and well over 30 years old, has been carted off to the dump.  The end tables have been shifted, and voila!  Everything (mostly) fits into the living room.  I still have a corner of stuff that I am going to have to shift somewhere else.  My scrapbooking and paper supplies are in one corner.  They are going to need a new home.  I have a new home in mind for them, but until I can pull that together, I will have to shift them somewhere else.  I believe they may be moving into the dining room for a while!

So, as we begin a new week, I am going to review my goals from last week:

Last week's goals:
1) I will continue to work on middle child's t-shirt quilt.
I have hand quilted two more blocks.   There are 25 blocks total on this quilt, and as of now, I have finished 14 of them.  I keep thinking this would go faster if I had paid someone to quilt it for me... and it would have, but then again, I would have been forking over money for something I can do for myself - even if it does take more time to accomplish it.  In the long run, I am hoping that a hand quilted item will be more special for him than something that I paid someone else to do for me.

2) Meatless Monday
Tonight for dinner, we are having baked potatoes, stuffed with broccoli, and cheddar cheese for the non-lactose intolerant ones in the family.


3) I will continue to work on the family calendars.
The calendars are finished.  I'll have them printed next month, so I can have them in time for Christmas.

4) Salvage the strawberry patch.
I still haven't done this yet.

5) I will line dry 4 loads of laundry this week.  Now that the weather is a little less humid, I'm willing to see if some of the heavier clothes will dry on the line.  (Towels, blue jeans)  The weather the past few weeks has been too humid for the heavy clothes to completely dry.
I did manage to line dry 4 loads of laundry.  The humidity is back this week, though, so I'm not certain that I'll be getting anything heavy out on the line to dry. 


6) Can spaghetti sauce.
I made more spaghetti sauce.  Most of it was used in the making and freezing of several batches of French Bread Pizza.  The rest of it was used for dinner.  I'm wondering if I should just give up on the thought of canning spaghetti sauce..

7) I will exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 days this week.

8) I will make and freeze several batches of French Bread Pizza.

9) I will spend 15 minutes a day on cleaning and straightening the big, messy room in the basement.
Didn't even begin to work on this.  I spent most of the week playing with the furniture in the living room.

10) I will get to the library.
I checked out another round of Downton Abbey, checked out a couple of books for myself to read, and signed up for a program that sounded intriguing.

This Week's Goals:
1) Start Subbing More.
I don't like to sub the first two weeks of schools while the students and teachers are settling into new routines and getting to know each other better.  Now that school has been in session for a couple of weeks, I need to start subbing more.  I will work at least 2 days each week.

2) I will get out and exercise at least 3 days this week.

3) Work on Middle Child's t-shirt quilt.

4) Meatless Monday

5) I will salvage the strawberry patch.

6) I will go to the community wide Girl Scout leaders meeting this week.  (Yes, I have to write this down because I keep forgetting to go, and the beginning of the year is an important meeting to make.)

7) I will spend 15 minutes a day cleaning the big messy room in the basement.

8) I will clean up the woodpile in the back, stacking the wood that fell over, making certain that it is under cover for the fall, and raking up/throwing away the loose leaves and other stuff that is on the ground around where the woodpile was.

9) I will line dry at three loads of laundry this week.

10) I will move my scrapbook supplies to their new, temporary home in the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment