Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More T Shirt Quilt

These are pictures of the black on black squares.

As of this morning, all of the quilting on the right hand side of the quilt is finished! I have the left edge, and two black squares bordering the black edge left to finish!  I might, just might, have this finished in time for Christmas!


I decided to make straight lines, diagonally across the squares.  I could use a fabric marker to show me where to stitch, but since I don't have one on hand, and I don't want to spend any more money than I have to, I'm following along the edge of a ruler.


Diagonal rows.  When they make a quilt, the Amish deliberately make a mistake which is called "The Fear of God".  Legend has it that they believe that only God is perfect, so they deliberately make mistakes.  Look at my quilting, and you'll see a lot of that!  The rows are mostly straight, and mostly go in the same direction!  I'm not willing to pull quilt stitches out- my stitches tend to be small enough that I worry I will damage the fabric if I do pull anything out.  Instead, my interesting lines will be caught for everyone to see - forever....


Starting the cross rows back to male a diamond pattern.  If you look closely at the bottom left corner of the block, you should be able to see two completed rows of diamonds.


More finished block.  Each black block is covered in a diamond grid, much like this.  (Some are a little more unique than others!!)

And that's all.  I estimate that I have about 2 weeks worth of quilting left before I move onto finishing up the edges.  That will be an entirely new challenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment