Thursday, March 27, 2014

Eggs in the Microwave

Last week, I taught my boys how to fix 5 easy and quick meals that would get protein into their system and get them out of the door in a hurry.  I didn't want anything that was peanut butter based.  Oldest son relied heavily on peanut butter sandwiches last summer.  He needs a repertoire of easier, healthy, inexpensive meals that he can make.

Eggs are a wonderful source of protein.  One egg is a fantastic meal, a great way to start your day and get your engine running.

Made in the microwave, I don't have to worry about oldest child putting eggs on the stove and then reading a book while waiting for the eggs to cook, forgetting about the eggs and setting the house on fire.

The ingredients: egg, tortilla, a little bit of milk, a dash of hot sauce, and some shredded cheese.

Eggs in the Microwave:
In a microwaveable coffee mug, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray:
Crack one egg.  Pierce the egg yellow, and whip the egg well.  (I use a fork.)
Add a couple of dashes of hot sauce.   (I use the green tabasco sauce because it's not as intense as the red sauce.)
Add a small chug of milk. (Like maybe 2 TBSP) 

Stir well.

Put in the microwave for 90 seconds.  Pull it out after 1 minute, stir the eggs again, and then zap it for 30 more seconds.

You'll have what looks like an egg ball in your mug!

Spread the egg inside of a tortilla, top with a little cheese, wrap it up, and you've got an awesome meal in less than 5 minutes!

Note:
If you don't like hot sauce, don't add it.
If I have them on hand, I'll add fresh spinach or basil to the tortilla before I add the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment