Monday, March 10, 2014

My Frugal Accomplishments

Did you remember to turn your clocks ahead an hour on Sunday?  I remembered to move the clocks ahead, but I forgot to set the alarm.  I made it to church in time for the 8:30 service, but not in time to sing at the 8:30 service.  We strolled into the church at 8:35... so, we ended up sitting in the pews.

I didn't publish my accomplishments last week, so for this week, we're looking at two week's worth of stuff:

1) Hubby continues to install the floor.  As of Sunday night, he only had the area around the baseboard heater and the closet floors to finish.

2) I made dinner from scratch every night.  Some days it was good, some days it was excellent, and then, well.... there were those other days.  I posted the recipe for the Quinoa-Rice Pilaf that we made on Saturday.  (I hate to admit it, but the reason we used both Quinoa and Rice is because we didn't have enough quinoa to get the quantity I needed for dinner.)

3) The heaters in the house aren't off yet, but all of them have been turned down to 60*.  It's enough to keep the house warm overnight.  The days have been warm enough that the heaters are not kicking on at all.  I'd like to heat the house with wood at night, but honestly, since Saturday, it's only been cool enough to need the electric heat after 2 in the morning.  I'm not sure a fire would make a difference at 2 in the morning.

4) I bought seeds for the garden.  St. Patrick's Day is coming up fast, and I want to get my peas in the ground as close to St. Patrick's Day as possible.

5) I'm continuing to prepare to take the Praxis exams next month.  I have checked out every possible book I can find from the library, and am slowly reading my way through the books, hoping beyond hope that I can remember enough to pass!

What did you accomplish these past two weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment