Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Blast From the Past

We traveled from Maryland to Cincinnati yesterday for a robotics tournament.

I grew up just a little north of here. The trip down yesterday afternoon was full of memories for me!

We drove past King's Island - an amusement park that I have some very fond memories of. I remember they used to have this wonderful ride called "the Wonderful World of Hannah Barbers", where Shaggy and Scooby and Yogi all came to life.

We passed by the road that used to take you to Camp Green - a Girl Scout property that was our favorite. I loved tent camping there, and I remember the raccoons eating through our coolers and taking out our food that we had stored in styrofoam coolers.

We drove by the entrance to Lewis and Clark State Park. A nifty little park that surrounds a river. Our family used to go hiking there once a month.

I could go on for hours, but you get the idea. I have this crazy hope that I'll run into friends I grew up with this weekend. But, it's been 30 years since I've seen any of them. I am positive that even if I do see them, I'll never recognize them!

Good luck to all of the teams competing this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment