Saturday, April 7, 2012

Robotics Tournament

I'm writing this from the stands at Xavier University.

Our team has been competing in the regional tournament this weekend. We didn't make it to the final rounds,but we have had an amazing experience!

I'm going to post some pictures from this weekend. Unfortunately, I can't post captions on my phone. So, I'll post pictures and add captions tomorrow when I get home.

Congratulations to the finalists!
A team mascot makes certain his safety goggles are in place while back in the pits!

Between rounds... the robots from the previous round are removed,
and the next robots are placed on the field.

Love this battery charging station!  This is actually a wagon on wheels!
Set it on end, and voila!  A compact battery charging station!
(I'll bet it's really easy to pack, too!)

The all girls robotics team from Pittsburgh.
They were even dressed like Rosie the Riveter.
I loved their enthusiasm!  So happy and upbeat through the entire event!

A view down into the pits from the stands.  The pits are an exhilerating place to be!
Lots of energy and enthusiasm down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment