Friday, April 6, 2012

Thursday - A Trip to Indianapolis

Since we are in Ohio anyway, I took a trip over to Indianapolis on Thursday to see my Aunt. She's the last remaining member of my Dad's generation. At 72, she's also lived longer than her siblings.

We had a great time! We talked about everything, and we went out to lunch together and talked some more!

I ended up with two more boxes of my grandmother's china to bring home. You know that when you are traveling 8 hours to get back home with 4 teenagers, their luggage, and a mascot costume, there's nothing you want to do more than shove two boxes of hundred year old china into the mix!

Seriously, I am thrilled beyond words to have the last of the china. I'm to split this batch with my sister. I remember Sunday Dinners at Granny's house served inside of those dishes!

My cousin came out to visit while I was there. He's two years older than me. And at 48 years old, he's already had 4 heart attacks and 2 bypass operations. It was a stark reminder of just how much I have to be thankful for. You can never take good health for granted. Our family health history is littered with stories of early heart disease and the loss of good people who are in their 40's and 50's.

I'd like to say I had a great time in Indianapolis. What I had instead was a stark reminder.

Anyway, I'll be posting later on today from the Regional Robotics competition. Yesterday was Day 1. Today is the final day-and we had big , big happenings yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment