Thursday, June 13, 2013

Herding Cats

A little bit about me:  I herd cats for a living!

Seriously!  I have three teenagers.  Well, actually I have 2 teenagers and a 20 year old.  Raising kids through their teenage years has been like herding cats.  With two boys and one girl, each going in very different directions, I never know from minute to minute where things are going or why things are or when the status quo is going to change.

I also substitute teach.  Before my kids were born, I was a classroom teacher.  But, I decided to stay home with my kids, so now, I substitute during the school year.  Talk about herding cats!  Every single day I walk into a classroom, I never know what is going to happen.  New class, different kids, new adventures.  I've had both the very funny and the very interesting happen in classrooms. 

Through everything, I've learned the importance of laughter.  I try not to take myself too seriously, and I try to laugh as much as I can.  I do search for the hilarious in the situations I find myself in, for only then can I find the strength to carry on through some of the tougher situations we all face.

My oldest child is a Physics/Math double major who just finished his second year of college.
Our middle child is heading off to college to major in Math, he will be attending the same school as his brother.
Our youngest child is still in high school.  She just finished her Sophomore year, and is still trying to find her passion in life.

This blog marks my journey- through my cat herding phases, my frustrations with life, my attempts at home-making, crafting, and thoughts about the world around me.

Thanks for spending some of your time with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment