Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Senior Week

This post originally appeared in my now defunct "Mom's View" blog.  I moved it to this blog at the request of my kids, who wanted to have all of the various posts that accompanied their high school years in one place.  I've matched the publication dates here to their original post date.  If you're reading these posts, I sincerely thank you for taking the time to go back through them all!

We never wanted to put our kids into a situation where they could find themselves pressured into decisions that they were just not ready to make.

So, middle child was given his choice of where to go for his graduation trip this year.

He settled on New York City.

He and I spent 3 wonderful days hopping around museums and visiting the 9-11 Memorial.

We hit up the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), the Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met), the Guggenheim, and the American Museum of Natural History.

It was a whirlwind 3 days.  I've now been to the major museums on the East Coast.  I can honestly say that the Met was my favorite museum.  It just goes on and on and on.  Every single room leads to another discovery, and then another discovery.  It was an amazing experience, and I don't feel that I have even scratched the surface.  I need to go back at least two more times to see it all and absorb everything that is there to be seen.

We just got back home a little while ago.  Both of us are exhausted beyond words.  He's asleep in his room, and I'm ready to fall asleep at the keyboard, but I'm too wound up from driving home. 

I keep forgetting that New York - and all of those amazing museums - are only 4 hours away from my house.  I need to head up that way and explore the museums a little more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment