Monday, September 1, 2014

My Resolutions

8 months later, just how am I doing on my new year's resolutions?

1) 365 Grateful.
I have a gratitude journal.  I write in it weekly.  I list 5-10 things I am thankful for.
While this is not daily, it does keep me grounded, and it reminds me of the many good things I have in my life in the midst of all the crazy things that surround me.

2) Lose 10 Pounds
I have now lost 20 pounds since January!  Who-Hoo!  That's a very, very slow weight loss of 2.5 pounds a month, but since it's so slow, it's sustainable.

3) Run
Again, still haven't been running, but I am walking a lot.  I've also begun lifting some weights.

4) Get Out of Debt
Making progress.  We are paying cash now for everything.  Gas, we are alternating.  One week, we pay with cash, the following week with credit.  Books for the kids were paid for with cash.  We even managed to scrape together the $2000 when the van broke down last week.  We ate interesting foods for a week, and our emergency cash is wiped out, but, it didn't go on a credit card!

5) Finish Cleaning Out the Basement
Making progress!  I moved out of the big messy room because it is just so big and messy.  I began in the family room area.  There is a small area where the utilities are located just off of the family room.  That area has been cleaned out.  Several loads went to Goodwill.  Some went to the trash.  Some went to the rummage sale at the church, and some, I'm going to try and sell on E-Bay later on this month.

6) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt
Finally got the darn needle replaced on the sewing machine, but then, the dining room table became the staging ground for items that I am sorting out for Goodwill, the Rummage Sale, etc.  It's a mess.  I DO have several other craft projects that I have finished up.  Four lap blankets went off to the church, 30 bags went to the House of Ruth's B-More Bags project, and 2 blankets were finished and handed off to Project Linus.  NOTE- all of this has come from scraps of stuff that I found in the basement that needed to be finished.

7) Spend More Time With My Family
This summer was great.  I had many opportunities to spend time with the kids while they were home.  With daughter headed off to college in the fall, I am spending as much one on one time with her as I possibly can.

8) Finish the Book I Keep Saying I'm Going to Write.
Progress!  Only 2 chapters left to research and write!

9) Finish the hallway bathroom.
Remember the post about the van breaking?  And that we had the money to pay cash for the van repair?  Guess where the money came from?  Ah, well.... I can wait.  I'm happy not to have had to put the van repair on credit card.

10)  Get Back Into My Music
Done and Done.  Choir practice at church began last week.  Our first Sunday back in front of the church after summer break will be next week.

How are you doing on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment