Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday Musings

Little Coquito
You know that we are long time family friends with Amy of "Life in Amy's World".  She hasn't posted recently, as life as overwhelmed their family.  Little Coquito is very ill.  He's in the hospital and will be there for a while.  When you have time, please send thoughts, prayers, and positive energy to Coquito. 


Cash Only Challenge
I've been working on the cash only challenge.  I lasted 24 hours before I had to charge gas for the car.  I forgot to withdraw cash before I went to the bank.  *sigh*  Six days later, I went out to dinner with a friend.  Once again, I forgot to make certain I had cash with me before I went.  I had to charge a $12 dinner.  I am an idiot.  Truly.  Why did I not check my wallet before I headed out?  Ten days after that dinner, I went out to buy a new pair of jeans.  Once again, I had forgotten cash and had to charge it all.  Everything else has been paid with cash - so I feel like I'm making some kind of progress!  It helps that my new job is less than 20 minutes away from home, so I'm not spending a ton of money on gas.  I'm filling up the tank about once every 10 days!
I had a stand-off with the geese in the Wal Mart lot.


Food Stamp Challenge
Have you seen this?  I did this a couple of years ago, during my husbands furlough.  The premise was to see if you can live and eat healthfully on the food stamp allotment from the U.S. Government.  The allotment is $4/day/person.  For my family, that's $12/day, for a total of $84 for the week. Next week, I'm going to see if we can eat healthfully for a week on that allotment.  I'll post what we eat daily.

Cleaning Out the Toys
As I continue my journey of cleaning out the house, I have started sorting through the toys.  I'd separated many of them years ago, and I've been steadily sorting them out as I've cleaned out and sorted through the pile of accumulated crap in the basement.  This past week, I began pulling out the big boxes of toys that I am keeping and putting in the things that I sorted out.  One day last week found me with the entire pile of Lincoln Logs outdoors.  They were really dusty and kind of yucky looking.  I took them outside, spread them out on an old bed sheet and hosed them off really well.  I left them out in the sunshine to dry off.  I don't know how long they'll be in storage, but when I pull them out in many years from now if I ever have grandchildren, I want to know that they will be clean enough for little kids to handle.

Fun Find in the Library 
I found this book on the shelves in the library this past week!  It looks like fun, doesn't it?  I have to say, I don't currently have a dog, but my cat does love to "help" us out with our yoga poses in much the same way.  Maybe I should publish a book called Cata?  Yogat?  I don't know, I can't make it work for cats....



Speaking of Cats
I believe I've mentioned before that Luna loves her pumpkin bread.  She can't get enough of it, and will try to grab it out of our mouths if we don't share a piece with her.  This weekend, I made a batch of Cranberry-Orange muffins.  I put the tin on the kitchen counter to cool while I took a shower.  Don't you know, that cat came through and ate the tops off of all the muffins while I was in the shower....

Wegmans
We had a new Wegman's open yesterday.  Daughter and I are headed over there in a while to go check it out!  They built it on the site of the old Solo Cup factory.  I've heard they've done a lot with the property.  Can't wait to see what it looks like now!

Enjoy your week and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment