Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Cooking!

So, who is already cooking? 

I picked up the roasted veggies, cranberry sauce, and vegetable tray from Whole Foods earlier today.  I picked up our turkey from the farmer yesterday, and a bushel of acorn squash from the farmer down the street last weekend.  ($15 for the bushel - great deal for me!)

I made bread crumbs from gluten free bread, made a batch of brownies, picked up middle child from college, and then stopped to pick up the remaining odds and ends that we remembered we needed - pineapple tidbits.

As I'm writing this, I have sweet potatoes roasting in the oven.  There's just one little problem, though.  We've always had a sweet potato and pineapple juice casserole for Thanksgiving.  I make it every year.  Every year, I forget where I found the recipe and I end up searching the internet to try and find it again.

I'm also searching for a recipe to use up some coffee that I received at work earlier this week.  If you happen to know of a great recipe that uses coffee, I'd love to have it!

Tomorrow morning promises to be a lot of fun!  For the first time in years, we aren't going anywhere. We are staying home.  We are already planning on sleeping late, and then whenever everything is ready - well, that's when we'll eat.  We hope to get out and get a hike in tomorrow morning if it's not raining.  Who knows?  No matter what, we're looking forward to the day!

I hope your Thanksgiving is joyous and filled with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment