Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Musings 11/28

Kids
It was great having all the kids home!  They all went back to their respective homes on Saturday, and the house seems very empty without them.  I consoled myself by going to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Dr. Strange with daughter on Sunday afternoon!  I still miss the boys, but by golly, I also really enjoyed the movie!

Smoke Detectors
No smoke detectors went off this year!  What?  What madness is this?  Honestly, I picked up the pies and several of the side dishes from Whole Foods, so I guess that's why my oven remained intact.  I still have more turkey than we know what to do with!  The turkey carcass has been boiled down for soup, and I've got scads of meat that I'm going to have to freeze soon before it goes bad.  I saved out the turkey neck, and I'll be making turkey neck soup with the neck - along with all of the leftover vegetables - for dinner tonight.

Dishwasher
Still no dishwasher.  They won't be able to install it until NEXT Tuesday.  Another week without a dishwasher.  I know, I know - first world problems.  I was the dishwasher growing up, but that doesn't mean that I like it!  On the other hand, the kitchen is cleaner than usual because I am cleaning as I go.  I really don't like having a huge pile of dishes facing me at the end of the day.

Central Intelligence
We watched this movie with the kids on Friday night.  Have you seen it yet?  Seriously, you need to see it!  Kevin Hart and "The Rock".  I wouldn't watch it with little kids, but I would watch it with anybody middle school and older.  It's a great, fun plot, well acted, with just enough wild twists to keep you guessing until the very, very end.  Boy howdy, this was a fantastic movie!  It's a recent release, too. 

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment