Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Felt Flowers

Our library branch is making a wreath to donate to Kennedy Krieger's Festival of Trees.  All of the money from this event goes to benefit the students at Kennedy Krieger. (It is held annually the weekend after Thanksgiving, and it is a spectacle that I can't describe.  Check out the link above, and you'll see what I mean!)

There are a group of us who volunteered to make things for the wreath.  We decided that we were going to make a Raven's themed wreath.  We've picked up some Raven's swag, but we also decided that we needed to make flowers.

We found this tutorial online to make felt flowers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fEX-uYsd5g

Somehow, something happened along the way, and my flowers turned out a little different than the ones in the video.  Mine ended up looking like this:





I think they're beautiful, but they're different than what's in the video!

I made both black and purple flowers.  The wreath is currently under construction.  I'll share pictures of it when we finish it.  It's going to be beautiful!

In the meantime, I've decided that the flowers were beautiful, so I bought some red felt to make red poinsettias.  I'm making a couple of wreaths of my own to donate to the church for the bazaar later this month.  I think I'll make one with red flowers, and highlight it with some nifty little seasonable baubles.  I'm going to make another one that will be purple and black, and filled with my own take on a Raven's wreath.


I've got a little over a week to decorate these wreaths.  Do you have any ideas on what to add to help splash these up and add a little glam to them?  Suggestions are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment