Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday Musings

What a weekend it has been!

We sang in the choir for the Christmas Cantata on Sunday morning.  Dress rehearsal was Saturday, and we spoke with the kids by Skype on Sunday afternoon.  At least the cold and sore throat managed to hold off through the weekend.  It hit me hard this morning, though.

I finished reading the last of the picture books that were finalists for the Maryland Black Eyed Susan Awards.  Overall, I've found a lot of excellent books on that list!  I'm glad I've been reading from it, but I think I'm ready to take a break away from children's literature for a while!

Oh, I discovered Westworld on HBO Go last week.  Now there's an odd, quirky, but compelling tale.  I think I'm going to need to watch it more than once in order to get all of the details and nuances and stories within stories down.  Have you watched Westworld?  What do you think of it?

Lastly, little Coquito needs some prayers!  He's back in the hospital, going through his second round of chemo.  If you can spare a thought, a prayer, or some energy to head his way, I know the family would appreciate it!

I really need to start planning Christmas dinner soon.  Can you believe it's 12 days away?  Crap - I hate going to the store!  Which reminds me - I need to get Christmas cards out sometime in the next few days.  I don't think we're going to get letters into the cards this year!  (How and why did that ever become a tradition anyway?  Seriously... )

I hope you've had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment