Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Books, Books, and More Books

 I'm attending a workshop later this month.  One of the categories that we're discussing is short stories.  We are discussing one story in each of these books.  I've read the assigned story in each book, and now I'm working my way through each book. This Is How You Lose Her is the one I'm working on right now.  Junot Diaz is a gifted writer who writes very compelling tales.  His stories in this book tell a unique tale about the mistakes that people make that destroy relationships.  I don't know if this is a personal reflection, or stories he has heard over the years, but I enjoyed them all! 


Do you have a pile of books you intend to read?  I do.  Right now, I have my pile on the edge of the kitchen counter.  These are all books that have tickled my fancy for one reason or another.  None of them are on any required reading list.  Every Falling Star will be the next one up.  One of my cousins met the author recently and highly recommends the book.  It's the true story of the author who lived in and escaped from North Korea.  I'm looking forward to reading the book! 




No comments:

Post a Comment