Monday, April 3, 2017

2017 Resolutions - April Update

I don't know about you, but March just flew by!  I feel like I didn't accomplish much of anything but reading for an upcoming book camp at work.  Hopefully, as I work on this, I'll see that progress has been made.

1) Complete 12 Home Improvement Projects This Month

While we didn't do anything this month, we DID meet with a contractor who is coming in this week to give us an estimate on the cost of remodeling the hallway bathroom.

2) Lose A Few More Inches Around My Waist

1/2 inch.  It's progress, and I'll take it!

3) Get Away With My Husband - Twice

We did the first one.  I came down with the flu while we were gone, so I'm not sure that it counted as a weekend away, but it is what it is.

4) Lenten Cleaning Challenge

Progress continues with this challenge.
Goodwill bags to date alone!

5) Post At Least 12 Reviews on my Books for Teens Blog

I never actually got this one published last month.  It's been a crazy month!  I'll have to post 2 reviews this month!

6) Finish the Hallway Bathroom

Since The Property Brothers have never answered my repeated pleas on my blog to help us with the multiple issues we have facing us in this house, we have gone ahead and found a contractor to work on our bathroom.  We've got an estimate coming this week!

7) Participate in the NoSpenduary Challenge

Three months down, three months with no discretionary spending.  We have much more money in our remodeling account than we had hoped to have.  Can't wait to see how this comes down!

8) Learn Another Language

I've let this one slide this month.  I'm not really making the progress I would like on learning another language.

9) 100 Things Every Marylander Should Do.
I'm looking forward to experiencing a few more of these once the weather warms up!

10) Daughter's Quilt
Quilting continues.  Will I finish before the year does?  Only time will tell!

11) Clean out the Closet and Dresser Drawers in the Master Bedroom
I really need to tackle the top of the short dresser.  Ignoring it isn't making the problem go away....

12) Clean Out the Little Room in the Basement and Make it Usable
Almost cleaned out.... almost!  I should have it cleaned out by the end of the month!

13) Work on Landscaping the Front Yard
Warm weather is coming!

14) Take At Least One Class Through the American Library Association
I finished the class!  I submitted two of the lessons that I wrote, and they have been approved as library programs for this summer!  Hooray!  It's going to be a great summer!  Even better?  I got a few more CEU's to add to the total number of hours I need to renew my teaching certificate.


How about you?  What kind of progress are you making on your resolutions for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment