Monday, April 24, 2017

Monday Musings

I had a shopping list the last time I went to Home Depot.  Look at the first item on the list.  I know it says "baseboard heater" - but at first glance, doesn't it look like "Bastard Heater"?   We did get a baseboard heater to replace the existing baseboard heater which was original to the house.  (1970)  I do believe that anything built recently is more efficient than anything that's been in the house for the last 47 years! 


I've seen nicks like this on the corners of buildings in a couple of areas around Baltimore over the last few weeks.  I don't know what's happening, but I suspect that a truck has been pulling themselves a little too close to buildings recently.  I'd love to know if it's the same truck or lots of different trucks.  You can tell how high up the nicks are - you can see a gentleman in a baseball hat walking by underneath the nick in the building.

I made a huge batch of taco seasoning over the weekend.  I absolutely love the layers that the spices make as you pour them into the container!  It reminds me of the sand art pieces that were so popular back in the 70's!  Once you mix all of the spices together, the taco seasoning mix is a pretty even shade of dark red.  But right now - everything just looks magical, doesn't it?  When I make Taco Seasoning, I follow the recipe on All Recipes.  You can find the directions here:  Taco Seasoning.
Am I horrible person?  Sometimes I wonder.  I've lost my temper in a very big way twice over the last couple of weeks.  Once with someone who asked for my opinion on something, and after I told her what I thought, she told me I had "no right to express any opinion since I hadn't paid my dues yet this year."  The second time with my Mother in Law who told me that women should learn their place and not work outside of the home.  I really do need to calm down a little.  Can someone tell me how to dial it all back and make ignore the things that poke at me the most?
 

Prayers for this little kitty, as he's not been feeling well lately.  Tiger will celebrate his 16th year with us later this week.  He's been a wonderful cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment