Friday, March 31, 2017

How Fast Were You Going?

I was stopped for speeding this week.  I will readily admit that I was speeding when I was stopped.  I was speeding by a lot, and I slammed on the brakes as soon as I saw the officer's car.  He turned on his lights as I drove past his car, and I pulled onto the shoulder in front of him.

Before the officer even got out of his car, I had pulled out my license and registration.

"I pulled you over for speeding.  Do you have any idea how fast you were going?"

I knew full well how fast I had been going, but I didn't want to admit it, so I answered with the best answer I could think of as I handed over my documents.

"How fast did you clock me?"

He laughed as he took my papers, and told me how fast I'd been going.  Thankfully, the radar registered significantly less than I'd been doing when I crested the hill.

He was a very polite officer, he laughed at my joke, and he was very pleasant as he handed me my ticket.

What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment